Sunday, August 7, 2022
HomeLatest NewsSHC agrees to 15 proposals against encroachments, change in plots’ status

SHC agrees to 15 proposals against encroachments, change in plots’ status

Hyderabad: According to a recent news report, a division bench of the Sindh High Court, Hyderabad circuit, comprising Justice Nadeem Akhtar and Justice Arshad Hussain Khan has made “court’s rule” 15 recommendations of the Hyderabad deputy commissioner regarding change of status of plots from residential to commercial.

Read More: NHA approves production of Hyderabad-Sukkur Motorway (M-6), other road projects

Since the “Sindh Building Control Authority (SBCA) and Hyderabad Development Authority (HDA) have refused to monitor unbridled growth of Hyderabad,” the DC had submitted his report to the court, requesting that a ban on changing the status be enforced and zones for high-rise buildings in Hyderabad be narrowed.

According to DC’s report, a road construction program worth Rs. 1,733 million is needed to meet Hyderabad’s needs for the next 25 years.

The bench declared the DC’s 15 recommendations “court’s law” and ordered the provincial finance secretary to appear in person on March 11 and share a timeline showing when the funds listed in the report will be arranged and disbursed to the departments involved in carrying out the court’s order.

Read More: Nearly complete sell out of Harmain Tower-Hyderabad, construction in full swing

According to the report, a major chunk (40%) of betterment charges goes to the SBCA with no contribution in infrastructure while HMC gets 40% that is seldom invested in beautification. WASA gets a meagre share of 20% of the total charges. The DC recommended 60% for WASA and HMC 30% with condition that the money would be spent within a half kilometre radius of an approved project. SBCA should get 10% only, he added.

For more details, visit our website Property News.

 

Most Popular

Islamabad Golf City

Nova City Peshawar

Seven Wonder City Islamabad

Park View City Golf Estate

Recent Comments

Need Help? Chat with us