Karak: In a piece of recent news, the District Coordination Committee has approved uplift projects worth Rs. 1.9 billion under the Area Development Programme (ADP). The approval was given at a meeting that was chaired by Karak deputy commissioner Abdul Ghafoor Shah. Heads of line departments were also in attendance.
Read More: Villagers demand a fair road in Karak
The committee approved four roads projects, including Ahmadabad-Alamsheri Road, Amberi Kala-Rehmatabad Road, Karak-Nari Panos Road and Teri Old Road. Approval was also accorded to solarisation of 15 drinking water supply schemes and 15 health facilities.
Of the total uplift funds, the body set aside:
- Rs. 650 million for the irrigation department
- Rs.98 million for the public health engineering department
- Rs. 520 million for the communication works department
- Rs. 84 million for the health department
- Rs. 60 million for the social welfare department
- Rs. 185 million for the livestock department.
Separately, district police officer Qasim Ali Khan suspended four police personnel for torturing a labourer during custody. Sources said after circulation of footage of violence on the labourer on social media the district police chief took the disciplinary action against the personnel, including head constable Mussarat.
For more details, visit our website Property News.