All about Naya Pakistan Housing Program
Affordable living for all
Latest update: The first project of the Naya Pakistan Housing Program was planned to start in April 2020. Due to the current situation of COVID 19, the inauguration is delayed.
Thus, the Government of Pakistan has given incentives to the construction industry to boost the economy. The incentives have no doubt attracted many investors to start construction of the houses in the Naya Pakistan Housing Program.
The government also plans to exempt 90% of the property tax for the employee of the construction industry.
Pakistan is a developing country, and homelessness is a significant problem. The people are struggling to earn and hardly meet both ends. Nowadays, even the developed countries are also facing such issues.
However, there are countries successful in taking effective measures on it. One of them is Finland; the country believed that it is the right of every citizen to acquire their house. This approach brought forward positive results in the country and was a significant success.
In Pakistan, where people struggle each day and hardly think if they can afford a house. The PM has come forward with an affordable housing society program for low-income groups.
The Naya Pakistan Housing Program (NPHP) aims to provide affordable houses to Pakistani and deal with widespread problems. The shortfall of 10 million houses shall be met. The project was announced on Wednesday, 10 October 2018.
The model of NPHP is made to support the current economic situation of the country. The low-middle class will be able to own their own houses.
The private societies are also engaged in the process, so it will develop the opportunity of employment, thus benefitting the economy and the real estate industry.
Moreover, the subsidy of 30 Billion is offered for NPHP. The current CEO of Blue World City, Saad Nazeer, has offered to contribute in NPHP. The contribution provided is 5,000 built-up houses and 50,000 apartments.
The one window-operation is also provided to facilitate the construction industry. An ordinance is also approved to make the financing of houses easier.
The NPHP is a ray of hope for all the lower-middle and low earning class.
One of the major features is to improve the housing systems for the people of Pakistan. The need for five million houses will be catered.
The project aims to build the houses up to the mark for all. The facilities will be provided in all the cities of the project.
As per the shared data by the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA), over 1.9 million applications have been received from all over Pakistan. A total of 5,515 transgender People, 9,325 divorced women, and 34,654 widows included have also applied for PM’s NPHP. The project fulfills its requirement to reach the needy and lower middle class.
All the successful people on set standards will have access to prime facilities available in the NPHP enlisted below:
- Well Paved Roads
- Proper Sewerage
- Regular Water Supply
- Affordable Electricity
- Best Security System
- Schools and Colleges
- Well established Parks
- Commercial Areas
- Community Center
- Fiber Optic Internet
The completion of the project is due in two years, and the possession of the plots will also be handed over within two years.
In Pakistan, it is challenging for many families to afford a house. Keeping the issue in focus, the Government of Pakistan has presented the project of the Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme.
The applicants may be people with low incomes. The people must not own a house previously. This project is solely meant for peaceful economic societies.
The salient features of NPHP are to make housing affordable to people, which are the following:
- It will increase buying power by providing loans of longer tenure fifteen to twenty years.
- The cost will be reduced by standardizing design and specifications.
- The cost will also be reduced by significantly cutting down the approval time.
- The project will develop new communities with access to infrastructure.
- The upfront cost will be reduced for the builders by providing them land in installments with minimum time for approvals and infrastructure before the start of construction.
- The project loans will be provided to builders so that they can complete housing projects in the shortest possible time, thus improving their ROI and, at the same time reduce the investment period, thus reducing the overall cost for the end consumer.
- It is envisaged that by the above measures, the cost would be 15 to 20% lower than the current market price, and by providing long term loans, it would enhance the number of people who can afford housing by 100% in the first three years. The current situation is about half a million people can afford to buy homes and apartments every year.
- This initiative will also help us on delivering the promise for 10 million jobs as these houses alone which is an additional 3 million houses over the next five years with each home creating 20 jobs per year means an additional 60 million job-years which means 12 million jobs a year, in unskilled, semi-skilled and skilled category plus another 1 to 1.5 million jobs in related industry and service industry.
- This initiative would mean doubling the capacity at least of all construction-related industries.
- This initiative would also mean another one to three hundred thousand jobs in the service industry that is banking, security, maintenance, insurance, etc.
- This initiative alone would also jumpstart the economy as it will prove to be the most significant growth engine for the economy. The contribution to the country’s economy from the housing sector alone, allied industry, and services would be 15 trillion Rupees. (If each unit is valued at 3 million rupees on an average). This would mean an addition of more than 8 to 9 trillion rupees over five years above the existing contribution.
- Under this scheme, homes will be provided to deserving Pakistanis on easy installments.
The prices of the housing units by the government have announced as follows:
The prices for 3-marla house is Rs 16.5-17.5 lac
The prices for 5-marla house is Rs 21-23 lac
The owners have to pay a refundable amount of PKR 10,000/- as token money. If the application gets approved, this amount will be adjusted in 10% of the down payment. If not, it will be returned back from the bank after 15 days of the ballot.
The Punjab Housing and Town Planning Agency (PHATA) have released the payment plan for residential plots being offered under the third phase of NPHP in Rawalpindi. These plots vary between 3 and 5 marlas.
The banks will provide the facility of loans to low-income groups. The loan can be returned in the time duration of 15 to 20 years. If you have applied for the NPHP, you have to submit 20% as a down payment.
The remaining 80% will be provided by the bank via the home financing option. Once the ownership is transferred, the owners will have to submit an additional refundable PKR 10,000/- token money.
The home loan will be provided by banks on appropriate terms and conditions with payment clearance in up to 20 years.
The NPHP is meant for the people who cannot afford houses at the current market prices. The program requires meeting certain criteria in terms of total household income.
So here’s all you need to know about the registration
The following are the requirements for Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme Registration:
- Two passport size photographs
- Copy of CNIC or NICOP card
- Non-refundable application fee of Rs. 250/-
- Duly filled Application form
The Eligibility Criteria for NPHP registration is the following:
- The applicant must be a Pakistani citizen
- Only one person per family can apply for the scheme.
- The applicant must have a valid computerized national identity card (CNIC).
- The applicants must not own any house in Pakistan.
- A fee of PKR 250 to be submitted along with the registration form.
- Those with a monthly income of approx. PKR 10,000 – PKR 25,000 will be preferred.
- The houses in the Naya Pakistan Housing project will be built in below mentioned three categories.
- Labour class
- Lower middle class
- Middle class
These houses will be offered on a 10 percent to 25 percent down payment to all the categories mentioned above.
There are two ways to register the Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme:
- Online Registration
- Registration via NADRA E-Sahulat
Following are the steps for online registration:
- Please visit the link: https://nphp.nadra.gov.pk.
- Signup at the website for the Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme.
- After signup, fill the application form available. The form requires all the details such as your name, CNIC number, phone/mobile number, current residence information
- You have to provide the monthly income details as well.
- You can also choose your district as per the domicile, and add your preferred tehsil/union council as well.
- You can choose your preferred installment plan and pay the registration fee of 250.
- The registration fee can be deposit via Easy Paisa, Jazz Cash, Credit/Debit Card, and E-Sahulat Center.
- Before submitting, review all the information and click the submit option.
Registration via NADRA E-Sahulat Centre
Following are the steps for E-Sahulat Centre:
- To register, visit https://nphp.nadra.gov.pk and download the application form.
- Read all the instructions and fill all the required information in the printed form, such as your name, CNIC number, monthly income, etc.
- After completing the form, visit the nearest NADRA E-Sahulat center and submit the application form to the registration officer at E-Sahulat center.
- You must pay the registration fee of Rs.250 to the officer and collect the receipt of the application submission from the officer.
The selected cities for Naya Pakistan Housing Program are the following:
- Gilgit City
- Rahim Yar Khan
- Dera Ghazi Khan
Pakistan is a country dealing with population and significant housing problems. The current demand is about 10-12 million. Whereas, the project of current Government – Pakistan Tehreek e Insaaf (PTI) presently is working to build 5 million houses.
In due course of time, the plan will also ensure the stability of the region in terms of economic growth.
The project is the best of its type, which the government has presented. It’s an initiative that provides relief to Pakistanis belonging to a more humble socio-economic class, i.e., lower-middle and middle class.
The houses will be built in partnership with the private sector. Thus, some financial subsidy is provided to the builders.
Some other private societies are also working to meet the requirements of people of Pakistan, such as Capital Smart City, Blue World City, and Park View City Islamabad. Houses will be built in partnership with the private sector. Thus, some financial subsidy is provided to the builders.
The project of the government is a ray of hope for many in Pakistan. Currently, the registration of the Naya Pakistan Housing Program is closed, but as soon as it’s re-open, Property News is here to inform you. So for more updates and information, keep visiting our site www.propertynews.com.pk.