Peshawar: According to a recent news report, the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) government’s Planning and Development (P&D) department has deducted Rs 2.477 billion from various departments and transferred Rs. 1,148 million to various projects in Swat, the home district of the Chief Minister (CM) Mahmood Khan.
Read More: KP Chief Minister wants motorway, canal projects included in CPEC
According to the details:
- Rs. 100 million were deducted from the National Program of Agriculture Department
- Rs. 75 million from Pesticides Project
- Rs. 100 million from Kohat Area Development Project of Multi-Sector Development Program
- Rs. 200 million from Karak Area Development Project
- Rs. 200 million from Hangu Area Development
- Rs. 100 million from the northern section of the Peshawar Ring Road project
- Rs. 164 million for the General Bus Stand Peshawar
- Rs. 200 million from BRT Peshawar
- Rs. 25 million for the construction of a prison at DI Khan of the Home Department
According to P&D department sources, the provincial government has deducted money from the economic recovery plan and shifted it to development projects in the Swat district.
Read More: KP government announces Rs. 240 million for the uplifting schemes in Oghi Tehsil
They said that this was not the first time that such an issue had occurred, as many projects were either withdrawn from the annual development plan in the past or were not yet complete, with costs constantly rising due to the similar transfer of funds.
P&D documents show that the KP government has deducted Rs. 2.477 billion from nine departments for slow spending and transferred the funds to 13 departments in Swat, which are actively spending the funds.
For more details, visit our website Property News.