Islamabad: According to a recent news report, the Central Development Working Party (CDWP) has approved four projects at an estimated cost of Rs. 25 billion and recommended two projects worth Rs. 44.3 billion to the Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC) for further consideration.
The CDWP meeting, which was chaired by Deputy Chairman Planning Commission Mohammad Jehanzeb Khan, also had senior officials from the Planning Commission, federal ministries/divisions, and representatives from provincial governments in attendance. Projects related to health and transport & communications were presented in the meeting.
According to the details revealed, there are three health-related projects, worth Rs. 17 billion. These included:
- ‘Khyber Institute of Child Health & Children Hospital District Peshawar’ worth Rs. 7.99 billion
- ‘Strengthening of DHQ Hospital in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’ worth Rs. 3.34 billion
- ‘Establishment of 200-bedded Mother & Child Hospital and Nursing College in Bahawalnagar’ worth Rs. 5.62 billion
Additionally, three projects related to transport & communications worth Rs. 52.29 billion were presented in the meeting. These included:
- ‘Procurement 600 Flat Container Bogies Wagon’ worth Rs11.8 billion
- ‘Construction of Awaran–Naal Section of M-8 Project, Length 168km’ worth Rs32.5 billion
- ‘Dualization & Improvement of Sohawa–Chakwal Road project – 3rd Revised’ worth Rs7.98 billion
The CDWP also cleared three concept clearance proposals namely:
- Electricity Distribution Efficiency Improvement Project’ worth Rs. 375.73 million
- ‘Provision of Equipment & Personnel Training Provision to Airport Security Force and Pakistan Civil Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) International China’ worth Rs. 3.27 billion
- ‘Rehabilitation/Up-gradation of Rawal lake Treatment Plan, Old Transmission Pipe and Water Testing Laboratory including Equipment’.
For more details, visit our website Property News.